Individuals, groups, organizations or businesses may enter the OKC Halloween Parade. Entries may include floats, decorated or themed automobiles, walking groups, etc. Trophies will be award for the best entries. Parade organizers encourage creative and entertaining entries. However, parade organizes do reserve the right to decline parade entries that may be deemed offensive or inappropriate. There is a minimal entry fee for the parade.
- Only legible, complete applications which meet all parade criteria will be considered.
- Parade organizers encourage creative, artsy and entertaining entries. Parade organizers do reserve the right to decline entries that may be deemed offensive, obscene or in poor taste.
- Upon acceptance into parade and entry fee paid, entries will be assigned an entry number, staging arrival time and staging location. It is imperative that each entry arrives at the assigned time and location.
- Entries arriving after 6:30 p.m. will not be allowed to participate in the parade.
- Parade begins moving promptly at 7:00 p.m.
- No use of fire or any kind of open flame is permitted unless approved by the Fire Marshal prior to the day of the parade.
- No use of confetti of any type is permitted.
- Entries must continue moving in a forward motion throughout the parade. Stopping in front of the reviewing stands is not permitted as that creates gaps in the parade. This affects the overall experience of the parade for the spectators.
- Items (candy, beads, etc.) may not be thrown by the parade participants on the parade route. Items may be handed to spectators.
- Entries (other than individual costumed revelers) must maintain a minimum 20-foot distance from other entries. Do not crowd the entry in front of you. Parade marshals will be stationed throughout the route to help maintain spacing.
- Maximum height for entries is 13 feet, 5 inches.
- Noise, music and lighting for your entry are highly encouraged.
- Floats and automobiles must have a fire extinguisher on board.
- The week of the parade, we will be holding a MANDATORY pre-parade meeting for all entries where we will review the route, staging and de-staging procedures. Each group (other than non-registered costumed revelers) must send at least one representative.
- Any participant found in violation of any of these rules will be directed to leave the parade and/or be prohibited from participating in future parades.
The 2015 OKC Halloween Parade Volunteer form will be available soon. Volunteers will be needed in a number of areas including assisting with Parade Entries, Parade Staging, Parade Route Marshals, VIP Areas and the Street Party. Volunteers will receive an Official Halloween Parade Staff T-Shirt.
I release, acquit, and forever discharge OKC Halloween Parade & OKC Events & Entertainment from all the actions, claims, demands or damages accruing to me resulting from any known or unknown injury, loss, or damage, sustained by me on Saturday, October 31, 2015, before, during or after the OKC Halloween Parade in the course of my voluntary participation in and attendance at said Parade.